The John Calvin School in Bunbury required a new and improved location for the Kindergarten to Grade 10 School to service the Bunbury and Busselton Regions. Harley Dykstra was entrusted to the tasks of:
- Strategic Planning Review to identify preferred localities and catchments for the new school;
- Due Diligence investigation on various potential sites;
- Preparation of the Planning Application, including design inputs to the architect/design team;
- Negotiating various approvals through WAPC, Main Roads, Shire of Capel, Department of Environment & Regulation, and Department of Health;
- Arranging feature survey and servicing data for engineering and construction purposes; and
- Facilitating compliance with all the planning approval conditions, prior to and during construction of the school complex.
Harley Dykstra has worked on numerous schools, church and other institutional type developments over many years, and has developed a thorough understanding of the unique needs and attributes of such facilities.
The John Calvin School in Capel is scheduled for completion and opening around the end of 2017.